Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sleep Apnea and CPAP Masks


The first product I will talk about is a sleep apnea machine known as CPAP. Just a few weeks ago my doctor dx me with sleep apnea and he told me that this was one of the reasons why I could not lose weight. He told me that treating it will not make me lose weight by itself but it will be easier for me to do so when I diet and exercise. It gave me some hope.


In case you don’t know, sleep apnea is a condition where you stop breathing while you are sleeping, then you wake up and go back to sleep. This happens many times without you realizing it but you end up not getting a restful night of sleep. As a consequence you feel very tired during the day.

As treatment I receive a CPAP machine with a humidifier and two different masks that go with it. The first mask was given to me at the hospital after I when thru the tests and it is very uncomfortable. Sorry, but I don’t know its name. I will post a picture of it. I bought the second mask and it is much more comfortable. It is called Swifer LT for Her. It is less bulky than the first one, lighter and it even has a cute blue color. Even so I have not got used to it yet. I’ve been using it for about a week and didn’t feel any difference in terms of feeling better during the day. Hopefully in a few more days I will few more rested and will be able to lose some pounds more easily.
The mask on top is the Swifer lt for Her
 and the one in the botton is the one that
was given to me at the hospital

2 comments:

  1. My hubby has a CPAP machine and sleep abnea, too. It has really made a difference for him in how rested he is and feels. I hope it makes a difference for you, too. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate thing going on with my C-Pap machine. I love that I get a better sleep now, I hate many, many things about it, but mostly the lines on my face when I wake up. My mask is something like the bottom one of yours. It's the only one I've been able to get used to so far. Thank goodness I don't have to wear a chin strap too. Funny video.

    ReplyDelete