Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weight Loss Partners

Do you have a weight loss partner? When I was in weight watchers I was told that it was important to have a partner to share your successes and failures. At first I thought they just want me to invite another person to come with me to the meetings but after I left weight watchers I heard that same thing many times, from different sources. So this is the first thing I am going to talk about. But… since I don’t have any partner, you are going to be my partner in my weight loss journey. You can always reply to my comments and I will try to answer everybody.

If you ask me why I don’t just have one of my personal friends to be my partner, my answer is that all my friends are skinny, they are beautiful with shaped bodies and I don’t think they will make a great partner. Oh! Yes I do have a couple of fat friends but I cannot just go to them and ask if they want to be my weight loss partner. They might say, What do you mean? Are you saying that I am fat? And then I might lose the few fat friends that I do have. Of course they might also be happy that I asked, but why take the risk? So I think we should all get a partner if we can or, if you care to read my blog or watch my videos, why not be my partner?

5 comments:

  1. LOL, your fat friends probably would want to ask you the same question but are afraid to do so. Go ahead, don't be shy and talk to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I really don't know what to say....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vem pra Espanha que aqui voce emagrece. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and see that you are just starting out. I have only been blogging about my weight loss journey for two months, so I am always on the look out for others who are getting started. I have found blogging to be incredibly empowering and a way to keep myself accountable. I also do not have a weight loss partner, so blogging has been my “partner(s).” There are thousands of weight loss blogs you just have to find them and find the ones that intrigue you. I will suggest a couple of places to go to review other weight loss blogs if you are interested. I would invite you to check them out; honestly, the blogging world is fabulously supporting and encouraging. (Oh, and BTW, we chose the same template for our blogs. Cool, isn’t it?).

    List of 100 Blogs to Support your During Your Weight Loss Journey
    • http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2010/07/100-empowering-blog-posts-for-your-weight-loss-battle/

    Blog role from Lyn at Escape from Obesity: http://www.memorialblogroll.blogspot.com/

    And to be inspired and see where your efforts might eventually lead by checking out this link:
    http://266-twosixtysix.blogspot.com/2010/08/anniversary-presentation.html

    Stay strong, your friend in blog land, Michele of
    http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, thanks a lot for the support, it is so important when you are just starting out. The links you've sent me are great and the 266 blog is incredibly inspiring. I was already loosing hope that I would ever be able to lose the pounds but those pictures show me that it CAN be done. Thank you. When I come back from work today I will also read your blog.

    ReplyDelete